A relaxing vacation is never something that my husband and I ever think of plan. We usually plan trips that are centered around exploring a new destination, waking up at the crack of dawn, and going back to our hotel just to sleep. So when our family decided to plan a trip to Cancun this winter, we we’re excited to experience a vacation where all we had to do was pack and show up!
Now, you’re probably wondering what we did in Cancun… And the answer is actually quite simple. Nothing! (And it was amazing!)
Ok, we did SOME things. But instead of laying out our trip in a “day-to-day”, I thought I’d share all of the things we did and didn’t do.
What we did…
- Ate amazing food
- Read by the pool
- Took family pictures
- Did yoga on the hotel’s pier
- Got pampered at the spa
- Enjoyed multiple mai tais
- Slept with the balcony door open
- Considered stealing our hotel robes
- Drank lots of smoothies and espresso
- Took multiple naps
- Went paddle boarding and kayaking
- Soaked up as much sun as possible
- Tried to speak as much Spanish as we could
- Forgot what day it was
What we didn’t do…
- Miss the Wisconsin winter weather
- Set an alarm – With the exception of trying to catch one morning sunrise
- Wear a lot of make up (that one’s just for me… obviously)
- Experience Cancun nightlife – just not our scene
- Any excursions – Other than going to Isla Mujeres for dinner one night, we really never left the resort. And for a relaxing vacation, I think that’s ok!
What types of vacations do you like to plan? Are you an explorer, or a relaxer? Let me know in the comments!
Great post 😁
Thanks so much!
Looks like paradise 😍 I would definitely spend the whole trip on the beach with a drink in my hand 😂
Definitely enjoyed many drinks by the pool, haha!
Nice share 🙏🙏
Thanks for reading! 😊
6 Comments on What We Did and Didn’t Do in Cancun