Spring is so close I can almost taste it! So what better way to wake up your tastebuds, than a Frozen Lemon Soufflé!
Time: 30 minutes to prepare, 4 hours for freezing
3 Egg Whites
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Jar Lemon Curd (3.5 oz)
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1. In a bowl, combine egg whites and sugar.
2. Whisk over a double boiler over moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved and the egg whites are foamy (about 3 minutes).
3. Remove from the heat and beat until cool and double in size (6-10 minutes).
4. Gently fold lemon curd into the egg and sugar mixture.
5. In another bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff (about 5 minutes), ten fold into the egg and lemon mixture in 2 parts.
6. Divide the cream into four 3-inch ramekins and freeze until firm (about 4 hours)
1/4 Cup Quartered Strawberries
1/4 Cup Blackberries
1/4 Cup Raspberries
2 Tbsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1. Toss together strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, sugar and lemon juice, and allow to macerate for 10-15 minutes.
2. Place over chilled ramekins and serve.
Be the first to comment